Stefano Amente, PhD
• General Information.
Date and place of birth: 03 September 1975, Naples, Italy
Office Address: Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Naples 'Federico II', 80I26 Naples, Italy.
2002. Graduation from the University of the Study of Naples “FEDERICO II” with the highest grade and honours (summa cum laude).
2007. PhD graduation from the University of the Study of Naples “FEDERICO II” in Genetics and Molecular Medicine.
2006. Visiting scientist, Institute of Cancer Research, Columbia University, NYC, USA.
2007-2008. Post-doctoral research fellow, AIRC, Italy.
2008-2010. Award AIRC Triennal Post-doc research fellow, AIRC Naples Oncogenomic Center, Italy
2009. Visiting scientist, Institute of Cancer Research, Columbia University, NYC, USA.
2011. Post-doctoral research, DBSF, University of Naples 'Federico II', Naples, Italy
2011. Visiting scientist, European Institute of Oncology, IEO, Milan, Italy.
2012-to date. Researcher in Genetics, University of Naples Federico II
• Synopsis of research interest and activity.
- Functional and biochemical characterization of the RNAPII phosphates FCP1 complex. - Functional and biochemical characterization of interaction between Myc and p14ARF. - Physical and functional interaction between P-TEFb and Myc.
- Role of the BER, Base Excision Repair, enzymes in the Myc induced transcription.
- Epigenetics chromatin changes of Myc target genes.
- Role of LSD1 demethylase in Neuroblastoma.
- Genome-wide mapping of 8-oxodG in human and mouse cell line and its functional correlation with transcription and DNA replication.
- Bioinformatics tools required for the analyses of DIP-Seq, ChIP-Seq, GRO-Seq, RNA-Seq, etc.
• Teaching activities
2011-2014, Assistant Professor of Genetics and Molecular Human Genetics at University of Naples Federico II.
2015-2019, Professor of Genetics at University of Naples Federico II.
• Commissions of trust
Reviewer panel member of:
- MIUR (Italy) for evaluation of GRANT (FIRB, PRIN, SIR)
- ANR (National Research Agency, France) for evaluation of Generic Call 2017 - Scientific Journal (BBA, Plos One, Oncotarget, PNAS).
• Memberships of scientific societies Member of AGI and SIBBM
"Francesca Martini" Award - SIBBM 2016 "Frontiers in Molecular Biology" Naples, 16-18 June 2016
• Major collaborations
Dr. Dominguez-Sola, D, Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University di New York;
Dr. Ivan Dellino, Dr. Mario Faretta e Prof PierGiuseppe Pellicci, Campus-IFOM-IEO, Milano.
Prof. Irina Stepanov e Dr. Bin Ma, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA